1. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
IIAV collects and records your personal information which you have provided in your profile account. IIAV takes no responsibility for the reliability of this information and whether it has been kept up to date.
- Additionally IIAV stores the information about your past, actual, and already known future positions in the IIAV organisation.
- When you register with IIAV and sign in to our services, your identity is known to us even if you are no longer a member and/or have stopped paying your IIAV Member Dues.
- The IIAV website records information about your activities and financial transactions, including payments related to IIAV membership dues, ICSV congresses, IJAV journal subscriptions, and access to electronic data on the website.
- IIAV does not store any information about your credit card, which you provide on-line or by sending a payment form. The information is only used to finalize the payment.
- IIAV automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address.
- IIAV may use your e-mail and postal addresses for its own purposes and to inform you about IIAV sponsored events, such as conferences, congresses and other Institute events.
- IIAV reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to the IIAV, such as service announcements, information about IIAV sponsored events, IIAV news, administrative messages, and seasonal greetings, without offering you the opportunity to opt out from receiving them.
- Any information which you supply in your profile is available, after graphical formatting, to all IIAV Members, provided they are successfully logged into the IIAV website. This information is not viewable to non-members or guests visiting the website.
- All of the content of the IIAV website is stored on servers of professional hosting services and is regularly backed-up.
2. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- IIAV does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you to others or to non-affiliated organisations except to provide products or services that you have requested, after we have obtained your permission.
- IIAV may share personal information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding plagiarism, illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of IIAVs Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- IIAV may send you by email or post, targeted advertisements based on the interests that you include in your personal information on the website.
- IIAV does not provide any personal information to the advertiser if you interact with or view a targeted advertisement on its website or other electronic or hard copy publications and communications. However, by interacting with or viewing an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- IIAV may set and access IIAV cookies on your computer.
- IIAV may let other societies or companies that display advertisements on our website set and access their cookies on your computer. Use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not the policies of IIAV. Advertisers or other organisations do not have access to IIAV’s cookies.
4. YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR PROFILE ACCOUNT
- You can edit all of the information you provide in your profile after successfully logging into the IIAV website.
- You can delete your IIAV profile account using an appropriate link available after logging into the IIAV website. Such an operation will remove all of the information provided in your profile from the IIAV database, except your first and last names, e-mail address, dates of your membership in IIAV, and any information provided in papers submitted or published in IJAV or published in ISVD and other electronic newsletters.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
IIAV has modern tools and procedures that are designed to protect personal information recorded about you. Nevertheless, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic information storage technology can be guaranteed to be fully secure.
6. CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS
For your protection, we have taken a number of steps to maximize the security of financial transactions that are accepted by the IIAV website. Credit Card processing is accomplished using professional secure processing services. Your entry of credit card information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure mode.
If for any reason, you feel uncomfortable submitting your credit card information over the Internet, you can airmail or fax the form to IIAV with the credit card information or you can send your IIAV annual dues, congress registration fees or make any other necessary payments by direct bank transfer or by a check in US dollars drawn on a bank in the USA, provided you supply all necessary information and your IIAV membership number.
IIAV may update this policy. IIAV will notify you about significant changes in the way that personal information is treated by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your membership profile or by placing a prominent notice on the IIAV website.
8. QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
If you have questions or suggestions, please send an e-mail message using the contact address provided in the Contact Us tab.